Business developer / account manager
Rivier is looking for a:
Business developer / account manager
36h per week
What will you be doing?
As a business development manager at Rivier, you are always looking for opportunities to expand our sales market. You not only focus on new clients, but are also involved in maintaining and deepening existing client relationships. You look for a “win-win” in the relationships you build, because success for the client means success for Rivier. As a business developer at Rivier, you will therefore invest in sincere, long-term partnerships; not through sales pitches or fleeting contact, but by offering concrete added value and high-level service to our (future) clients.
You are or -want to become- an expert on MaaS in general and the Rivier Platform in particular. Because you dig into the subject matter, you are able to market the Rivier platform with verve. You have a keen (business) economic understanding, know the trends and developments within the sector and are able to use that knowledge to build our business through well-prepared and persuasive sales strategies.
Your experience and competencies:
Key skills and qualifications for this business developer/account manager role are:
- A completed college or university education, preferably in a commercial field;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role, as a business developer or account manager;
- Strong social and communication skills; able to persuade and motivate others;
- An assertive attitude; you independently seek opportunities and don’t throw in the towel when faced with setbacks;
- Good analytical skills and a strong dose of creativity, which enable you to identify opportunities that others won’t see (yet);
- A mentality to finish what you started and follow through; a “lead” is a great start, a new client is an actual success, a long-lasting satisfied client is what Rivier is all about.
What we have to offer:
- A challenging job with impact on society, in a dynamic, young company;
- A salary between EUR 3,150 and EUR 5,250 based on a 36-hour working week, depending on experience and qualifications;
- Vacation allowance of 8% and an end of year bonus of 4%;
- Lots of flexibility to combine work and your personal life: you show up & deliver when needed; you take your rest when you need it;
- 25 days off based on a 36-hour work week;
- Ability to work partially from home. Most ‘office’ work will take place in the geographical triangle Utrecht – Rotterdam – The Hague.
Why do you want to work at Rivier as a business developer?
- You are part of the success of a new yet robust company that is about to change the mobility world forever. In doing so, you contribute to liveable and accessible cities – now and in the future.
- You enjoy the freedom and responsibility given to you in this role. You do not follow, you lead. You pave your own path towards success. In doing so, you can always fall back on your colleagues… and they on you.
- Tough challenges motivate you. You don’t shy away from getting your hands dirty, just like the other members of the small, close-knit Rivier team.
Not quite the right fit for you, but know somebody who is cut out for this job?
Rivier is an independent and neutral B2B platform that brings together transportation modes and integrates planning, booking and payment. Existing and new Mobility as a Service providers can offer this to customers through their apps. Rivier is one single mobility platform that brings together multiple mobility providers and MaaS providers. The platform enables end users to travel door-to-door more easily, flexibly, quickly and sustainably. From train, subway, bus, and streetcar to (shared) bike, (shared) car, (shared) scooter (in the future also the e-step) and cab. Rivier is a startup founded by RET, HTM and NS as a Joint Venture.